All scheduling for Walker volunteers is done through SHIFTBOARD. Learn more about how to take a shift, update your profile, and access news and opportunities!
Find new volunteer opportunities and rewards listed here when you log in to your account, or access this page by using the news feature on your dashboard. New volunteer opportunities will be e-mailed to team members, but you will not receive the announcements for new volunteer positions if you have not yet expressed your interest in the program by asking to join another team. Be sure to log in to view the news page or ask to be put on another team so that you may receive this information via e-mail or text.
- My Account will allow you to update your contact info with personal information such as address, phone, and emergency contact.
- Account toolbox gives you quick way to view your shifts.
- Profile allows you to provide supplemental information about yourself, such as birthday and T-shirt size.
- The Teams setting will show you the volunteer programs for which you are currently active, and if you are interested in joining another team so you may hear about other volunteer positions, you can do that here.
- You can set your schedule using the Availability tab (see Availability below).
- Use the Notifications feature to set the frequency of e-mail or text announcements from the volunteer program.
View your Personal Schedule, shifts that are Available/Open, and shifts that are assigned. You can use the shared view to see the names of the volunteers already signed up for shifts if you want to sign up with friends, or use the Shift View function to Take or Trade a shift.
Take a Shift
Go to the Calendar function on your dashboard. All Available/Open shifts are listed in red. Click on a shift to view details regarding time and location. Once you find the shift you are interested in, simply click on Take This Shift. Follow the prompts to Confirm This Time.
When you cannot make your shift, you can offer it for Trade. This function does not switch shifts (i.e., I’ll trade your Thursday for my Sunday). Rather, it announces to everyone on your team that your shift is available. If you want, you can always write a note in the trade such as, “Sarah, are you interested in this shift?” Just keep in mind that everyone on the team can see these notes.
Take a Trade
If someone offers a shift that works with your schedule, you can Take a Trade. Go to the Calendar and click on . All shifts that have been offered for trade are located here. Click on the shift you are interested in and Take Trade.
If you are asked to use Shiftboard for scheduling purposes, you will use the Availability tab. Set your General Availability first (i.e., I am usually available Thursday and Friday). Then set your busy days within that general availability (i.e,. Friday 5/15). Since this busy day lands on a day when you are usually free, you must specify that you are not available. Lastly, if there are days outside of your general availability when you happen to be free (i.e., Saturday 5/16), you can specify this by entering this singular date. Be sure to click Add to save your entries.